The Committee is the local representative of the California Democratic Party determined by California Election Code and the California Democratic Party. We provide assistance at the county level to all national, state, and local Democratic candidates.

For Endorsements on Propositions from the California Democratic Party on the State level here is the website



Get active and consider attending some of these exciting events - see our Calendar on this website for more entries and submit your organization's events for us to highlight - to add an event, click on the Calendar tab and click on “Submit an event for the calendar” and complete the details of your event.

Here are events/issues of interest:


At its October 10th meeting the HCDCC endorsed the following:

Fran Taplin for Eureka City Schools

Proposition K (O & M were previously endorsed at earlier meetings)



Our Democrat of the Year Dinner will be held on October 20, 2018 at the Sequoia Conference Center, 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka starting at 5:00PM.  Reservations are $80.00 per person in advance.  Tickets will be held at the door.  Use this link

We will be honoring these outstanding Democratic community member/activists: Heidi Benzonelli-Burden (Jefferson Community Center) and John Vernon (Indivisible Ferndale.)  Our keynote speaker will be Malia Cohen.  Ms. Cohen is running to represent District 2 on the California State Board of Equalization.


At its August 22 meeting the HCDCC endorsed the following cadidates:

Brett Watson for Arcata City Council

Sofia Pereira for Arcata City Council

Richard Marks for Harbor District

Kim Bergel for Eureka City Coiuncil

Pat Kanzler for HCSD

Gregg Gardiner for HCSD

Susan Seaman for Eureka Mayor

Hailey Lamb for Eureka City Council

Natalie Arroyo for Eureka City Council

Mario Fernandez for Eureka City School District

Candidate statements from candidates seeking endorsement can be found under the “Committee Actions” tab.  Click on the statement you wish to read and it will download to your computer - check your “downloads” file.



Statement by Humboldt Democrats' Chair Bob Service Condemning the Vandalism of Republican Headquarters in Eureka

The Humboldt County Democratic Party unequivocally condemns the vandalism carried out at Republican Headquarters in Eureka over the weekend of August 4-5, 2018.  Thankfully, no one was physically injured and, as reported in the Times Standard, property damage appears to be limited.  None the less, there can be no place in our community for such actions.  Democracy requires the free exchange of ideas.  Actions that constrain the expression of ideas undermine our democratic system.  Indeed, they play directly into the hands of those whose goal is to sow discord among the electorate, including, as has been exhaustively documented, the government of Russia, and, I am sorry to say, Mr. Trump himself.

Such actions are doubly unacceptable in light of the fact that the midterm election is only three months away.  It may sound trite but it is still true, “elections have consequences.”  Political change grows from the ballot box not the spray can.  People who are genuinely frustrated by the current state of affairs and wish to participate in making real change should contact the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee at 445-3366, the California Democratic Party at or become involved in local environmental or civil liberties organizations.
We stand together with our Republican fellow citizens.  This cowardly attempt to silence their voices is actually an attack on all of us, whatever our political beliefs.  As Justice William O. Douglas wrote, “The liberties of none are safe unless the liberties of all are protected.”


Congratulations Steve Madrone - it's official!  Steve Madrone elected 5th District Supervisor


****AS OF July 5, 2018 Our new Office is located in the LABOR TEMPLE 840 E Street Suite 4****


The Humboldt County Central Committee is in search of a new Headquarters location!  We have vacated our former location and are in search of a new rental space.  Please check this website frequently for information on our new location.

If you need to get in touch, use the “Contact” tab to send an email. Thank you.


Current Election Endorsements
Candidate Statements