We are your voice as a Democrat in Humboldt County.
June 5, 2016 2 pm - 5 pm
Wharfinger Building, Eureka, CA
After you enjoy the delicious chicken cooked by Porter Street BBQ, we have planned some more excitement for you.
Last year Senator Mike McGuire made our Dessert Auction unforgettable and rewarding as he enthusiastically auctioned 15 remarkable confections created by political colleagues and devoted, talented Democratic bakers. It was such extraordinary fun and an outstanding event for all so we’re doing it again. Senator McGuire will be our brilliant auctioneer for a second time. So far we’ve lined up some of the most popular bakers to conceive more spectacular desserts for you to dream of taking home.
Be ready to Bid!
You won’t want to be left out of the fun this year, so make your reservations to attend the 2016 Chicken by the Sea Barbeque and Dessert Auction!
We greatly value those who become Sponsors. Please let us know who will be on your guest list.
Thank you to our generous sponsors
- Congressman Jared Huffman
- Assembymember Jim Wood
- AFSCME Local 1684 AFL-CIO, Humboldt County Public Employees Association
- Building & Construction Trades Council of Humboldt & Del Norte Counties
- Humboldt & Del Norte Central Labor Council
- Lee & Chris House
- Senator Mike McGuire
- Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3
- John B. Kulstad & Patricia A. Thomas
- Maggie Fleming
- Kelly Sanders, Humboldt County Clerk, Registrar, Recorder
- Supervisor Estelle Fennell & Supervisor Virginia Bass
- Mike Wilson for Supervisor
- Green Diamond Resource Co.
- Milton Boyd
- Phyllis Helligas
- Barbara J. Kennedy
- Bonnie Neely
- Dottie & Bob Riffenburg
- Phillis A. Seawright
- Sofia Pereira, Arcata City Councilmember
- Carpenters Local #751
- Eureka Teachers Association
- Lost Coast Brewery
- Christina J. Allbright, Esq.
- William & Betty Barton
- Patty Berg
- Diana Berliner
- Amelia Burroughs
- Ira Blatt & Debbe Hartridge
- Greg & Carol Conners
- Kathryn Donahue
- Judy Geppert
- Holly & Mel Kreb - Flood Plain Produce
- Barb MacTurk - Massage & Aesthetician
- Tom Preble & Roberta A. Heidt-Preble
- Carol & Les Scher
- Jimmy & Jacque Smith
- Alex Stillman
- Robert Taborski
- Kermit & Marshelle Thobaben
- Bruce & Christine Will
Headquarters hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00AM until 3:00PM.
Vote Early to Help Our Candidates
Sign up today to become a Permanent Mail Voter!
It's convenient, it's secure — and our Democratic candidates will appreciate getting your vote in early. (Continue)
Volunteer to be a Poll Worker on Election Day!
Who can be a poll worker?
Any registered California voter Eligible high school students
What does a poll worker do?
Sets up and closes a polling place Helps voters understand their rights Protects ballots and voting equipment
Why be a poll worker?
Get involved in the democratic process Contribute to your community Earn extra money
Student Poll Worker Program
California Elections Code section 12 302 allows eligible students to be appointed as poll workers on Election Day.
As poll workers, students learn first hand the importance of participating in the electoral process. In addition, they provide much needed support at polling place locations.
In order to eligible to be appointed as a poll worker, a student must be:
- A United States citizen;
- At least 16 years of age at the time of the election in which he or she will be serving;
- A high school student with a grade point average of at least 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale);
- A student in good standing, attending a public or private secondary educational institution.
In addition to gaining experience in the electoral process, students can also earn stipends.